Cold laser therapy for dogs is a non-invasive procedure that makes use of light to induce cell regeneration and enhance blood flow in dogs.
Cold laser therapy can be used to treat various ailments in dogs including; back pain, ear infections, arthritis, post-surgical and soft tissue trauma, gingivitis, and more.
Laser therapy reduces the effect of pain by reducing inflammation through “Vasodilation” (the opening of blood vessels) and by jump-starting the lymphatic drainage system, thus draining swollen areas. The laser also prompts the nerve cells that hinder pain signals from being passed to the brain, thereby reducing nerve sensitivity.
The benefits of cold laser therapy for dogs include; surgical and traumatic wound healing, a decrease in the formation of scar tissues, improvement of the metabolism of specific tissues, immune regulation, and so much more.
Our first best cold laser therapy for dogs is the B-Cure laser vet device. It stands out as a home laser therapy device that speeds up the healing process in pets while decreasing inflammation and body pains. It is as safe as it is effective to use with no risk of any side effects whatsoever.
We have made a concise review of our top 6 best cold laser therapies for dogs alongside a detailed buying guide.
Buying Guide of Cold Laser Therapy For Dogs
Now, you want to buy a cold laser therapy device for your dog but the information out there might be overwhelming and a little conflicting. Luckily for you, we have gathered the information needed to help you with your decision to get the best laser therapy device that is needed for your dog’s wellbeing and improved health.
An important feature to look out for is the wavelength of your cold therapy Device. This shows how deeply the laser will pierce through the skin and tissue. The shorter the wavelength the shallower the treatment depth. Lasers for dog treatment usually range from 600nm to 980nm. So, if you’re getting a laser for your dog to help get some relief from a skin condition or wound, you should go for a laser that is closer to the 600-635nm in range.
Now, if you want a laser to treat deeper muscle tissue or joint and still provides surface-level cellular satisfaction, then you go for a laser with a wavelength of 800nm to 860nm. If you are looking for a laser that will only treat deep tissue and joint problems, then you should go for a laser that has at least 905nm wavelength.
However, if you are not sure about what wavelength to make use of or you want to treat multiple conditions then it is completely safe for you to use a laser with a separate mode or a laser that uses a combination of different wavelengths at the same time.
- Classification of the Laser Device:
Fundamentally, the class of a laser device simply tells you how safe a laser is for home use. Safe in this context means that it cannot do damage to the eye or tissue.
Classes of lasers range from 1-4 (usually expressed in Roman numerals) with some classes being separated into 2 sub-classes. Class 1 & 2 lasers can easily be bought at a clinic or pharmacy for home use. This class of laser has a limited power of about 5mW maximum. Class 3 lasers are created for veterinary practitioners but can also be used at home for your pets and horses. They are usually less than 500mW per laser diode continuous output.
Then we have the class 4 laser, lasers in this class have one or more laser beams with an output of 500mW or more, these lasers can do damage to eyes or tissue if not used correctly but this class of laser can still be purchased for home use on your pets and horses, however, you should get the proper training before using it on your beloved pet.
- Power of the Laser Device:
The laser’s power does not entirely mean that it is going to be very effective, it just ascertains how short or long the treatment time is going to be.
A lower-powered laser takes a longer amount of time to provide treatment for example a low-powered laser will take up to 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, a high-powered laser can deliver the same treatment in as little as 5-10 minutes. However, a higher-powered laser used for the same amount of time will provide more healing power.
But you have nothing to worry about, so long as the laser power is over 5mW it will provide some level of treatment. The higher power you go through the shorter the time of treatment will be and the more likely they are to be effective.
Lasers operate under three frequencies namely; continuously, pulsed, or super pulsed. Only “pulsed” lasers will mention “Hertz” in the description. Hertz or cycle per second of electromagnetic radiation ascertains the duration and frequency of breaks the output of the laser beam.
A pulsed laser works by discharging a beam into the skin at some frequency instead of constantly staying on while a continuous laser beam infiltrates the skin and then without taking breaks or pauses stays on that spot.
Continuous, pulsed, and super pulsed lasers are all effective and efficient for treatment. Nevertheless, super pulsed lasers are the best because they supply the greatest treatment power and effectiveness all while decreasing the risk of overheating and damaging the body tissues.
- Size of the Diode:
The diameter of the Diode is somehow important if it has only one diode. Some diodes are only 1/2 inch in diameter and some are closer to 2 inches. It makes sense that a larger diameter diode will treat a larger area of the body when it is being applied to the skin in one spot.
However, most lasers are used by moving them over the treatment area which makes it easy to cover a large surface area with either one-two inches diode.
So it is advisable to look at the description for information about the size of the treatment area rather than being caught up in the size of the laser diodes.
The Best Cold Laser Therapy For Dogs
B-CURE Laser Vet – Editor’s Choice
- INNOVATIVE SOFT-LASER THERAPY: The B-CURE LASER VET DEVICE FOR PETS allows you to treat your beloved animal in the comfort of...
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS: When using the B-CURE VET on your pet, bio-stimulating energy is safely transmitted through the green...
- USER FRIENDLY: Thanks to its compact, lightweight shape, the B-CURE LASER DEVICE is no longer available only at the...
- SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN AND ABSOLUTELY SAFE : B-CURE LASER VET is the only soft laser whose efficacy and safety was proven in...
B-Cure laser vet is our very first best cold laser therapy for dogs. It is a home laser therapy that speeds up the healing process and reduces pain and inflammation in dogs, cases, and other animals.
B-CURE Laser Vet is a powerful soft laser that is ideal for the treatment of pain, orthopedic conditions, wound healing, and dental problems in domestic pets without any risk of side effects.
- Easy and Convenient to Use: The B-CURE Laser Device is no longer available only for the veterinary office anymore all thanks to its compact, lightweight, and portable shape, it can also be used as at-home for dogs, cats, and horses. Just by simply turning on the green light, setting the timer, and applying it to the desired area, you get to give your animal companion the soothing relief it needs. It is advisable to use in 6 minutes, 2 times a day per location.
- Advanced Soft Laser Therapy: The cold laser therapy device for dogs allows you to treat your pets in the comfort of your home. The advanced technology helps decrease pain, heal wounds and increase the healing process without overheating or damaging the skin tissues. It stimulates the release of sodium, potassium, and calcium while encouraging blood flow and increasing endorphins that support faster healing and pain relief.
- Scientifically Proven as Safe To Use: B-CURE Laser Vet is the only soft laser whose safety and efficiency have been proven in various double-blind studies, all of which show the clinical importance of the laser, and it has absolutely no side effect or adverse events whatsoever.
- Highly Effective: You will certainly be blown away by the results of using this cold laser therapy device for dogs, cats, and other beloved pets. A lot of veterinary doctors are already using this device to treat numerous conditions that are difficult to address with conventional therapies.
- Laser Device with Multiple Application: During the use of the B-CURE vet device on your pet, bio-stimulating energy is securely transferred through the green laser beam to treat localized pain and neurological issues such as nerve paralysis, hip dysplasia, chronic otitis, wobble syndrome, arthritis, infected wounds and more. It can also be used as a stimulator for specified acupuncture points.
- Extras: B-CURE at-home cold laser therapy device for your pets also comes with a battery, charger, and user instructions in a convenient storage bag.
M Pain Management Technologies THERALAMP Red Light Torch
- Powerful, Proven Technology — This advanced pain-relieving device offers 3000 mW input and 630nm, 660nm red light...
- Natural & Safe Infared Light Therapy — Experience improved joint function/mobility and blood circulation with our low-level...
- Hand-Held Convenience — Weighing in at just 0.3lb, the compact THERALAMP Red Light Torch fits in your purse, pocket,...
- Pain Relief Without Side Effects — You get fast and effective relief from stiff joints, arthritic pain or injured muscles....
The infrared LED light features a powerful yet safe LED technology that penetrates extremely into deep tissue to reduce swelling and get the blood flowing more easily.
It doesn’t matter what chronic pain you’re suffering from THERALAMP red light torch begins to promptly aid the easing of sore or stiff muscles as it promotes circulation in the specific area that needs soothing.
- Simple to Use: THERALAMP uses a one-button operation and automatic timer to gauge treatment time and give you the soothing relief you desire. It also comes with two batteries and a charger.
- Natural & Safe To Use: The Infrared Light therapy device targets muscle pain and soreness. Pets also get to experience improved joint function and blood circulation with the low-level red-light therapy device therapy created for at-home and on-the-go use.
- Hand-Held Design: The device features 100% stainless steel with medical-grade construction. Its sleek design fits comfortably in your hand and can be used anywhere and anytime. Also weighing just 0.3lb, the portable THERALAMP Red light torch fits in your pocket, purse, or desk drawer for on-the-go pain relief whenever you need it.
- Effective Technology: The advanced technology device provides a 3000mW input and 630nm, 660nm visible red light wavelength, alongside an invisible 850nm near-infrared wavelength which acts swiftly to provide support for stiff and aching muscles and joints.
- No Side Effects: THERALAMP red light gives rapid relief from stiff joints, arthritic pain, or injured muscles and it works for both chronic or acute pain.
TENDLITE VETLIGHT Red Light Therapy
- POWERFUL PET RELIEF: If your pet is clearly in pain, or they’re just not quite as peppy as they used to be, red light...
- DRUG FREE RELIEF: Whether your dog just outdid himself on his walk or you want to treat a stallion in their stall, you can...
- FROM THE MAKERS OF TENDLITE: Developed on the solid foundation and safety of the TENDLITE. VetLight is Easy to Use with...
- POWER | PERFORMANCE - Powerful, Veterinary Grade Stainless Steel Red LED Device for Animal wellness at home. Portable and...
TENDLITE VETLIGHT is an easy-to-use and effective device that aims at alleviating pain and accelerating the healing process in pets.
The red therapy device is a soothing red-light relief device for joints and muscles of dogs, cats, and horses and it is a professional-grade device for animal home care.
- Fast Pet Relief: The device comes with a free manual showing you how to successfully use the red-light therapy on your animals to give them a fast, soothing relief. Please take note that this product is for animals alone and not to be used on humans.
- Developed on The Foundation & Safety of the TENDLITE: The amazing red-light device is very much easy to use with efficient protocols aimed at giving and providing therapeutic red-light comfort to your furry pers.
- Powerful Performance Device: The therapeutic device is made of veterinary quality stainless-steel and is suitable for dogs, cats, and other pets. The therapeutic light works rapidly, giving your lovely pet the soothing relief needed.
- Portable Design: It is also portable and cordless and is great for traveling with your pet.
- Natural Red-Light Device: VETLIGHT Red light therapy device is a non-invasive and drug-free way of providing soothing relief to your dogs, cats, and horses.
Luma Soothe Light Therapy for Dogs & Pets
- RELIABLE THERAPY DEVICE FOR YOUR PETS: LumaSoothe 2 is a home-use healing light therapy device for your pet. Includes 2...
- DEEP TREATMENT MODE BENEFITS FOR YOUR PET: The deep tissue laser therapy module of our product relieves the irritating...
- SURFACE TREATMENT MODE BENEFITS: This mode uses light therapy to treat and soothe your pet’s skin conditions to promote...
- SIMPLE, PORTABLE, AND EASY TO USE: Place head of device on the area to be treated. Press start button to begin 15-minute pet...
This is a LED light therapy device for pain relief, muscle and joint pain from dog arthritis, it reduces inflammation, heals wounds, and clears skin infections with its amazing and effective two therapy modules.
Luma light therapy is effective in transferring therapeutic light that triggers cellular stimulations that naturally help the body relieve pain and inflammation while enhancing blood circulation and cellular regeneration.
- Portable and Simple to Use: It is a compact and handy device that can be used with ease and confidence. You begin using by placing the head of the device lightly on the area you want to treat, then you press the start button to begin a 15-minute pet Massager treatment. The Luma soothe light therapy device automatically turns off when treatment is complete.
- Non-invasive Infrared Light Therapy: This device is a healing light therapy unit that is suitable for home use. It also comes with two (2) powerful photonic light therapy modules that have both deep and skin surface treatment benefits.
- Deep Treatment Benefits: The deep tissue penetration laser therapy module decreases the painful symptoms of arthritis, hip dysplasia, back pain, knee pain, as well as other causes of deep joint and muscle pain.
- Surface Treatment Benefits: The module also enhances the circulation of the blood hence relieving inflammation of joints and encourages the body to heal. It uses light therapy to treat and soothe your pet’s skin conditions to enhance and give healthy skin.
- Extras: Apart from the infrared therapy unit, the device also comes with 2 treatment modules; Deep (DT) and surface (ST), a USB charging cable and USB wall charger, and a bonus drawstring carrying bag. Please be sure to charge the device fully before first use.
Bestqool Red Light Therapy for Pets
- SAY GOODBYE TO EXPENSIVE SPA: Saving numerous time and money to regain healthy mind & body at home. Red light for skin...
- NATURAL, SAFE & NON-INVASIVE PAIN RELIEF: Thanks to high powered and affordable LEDs, all the benefits of red light therapy...
- DURABLE & COMFORTABEL USE: Take it on the go, our red light therapy offer maximum comfort for daily use, it is light enough...
- RESTORE YOUR PET'S HEALTHY AND STRONG SELF: Our red and infrared light therapy torch is simple to use, it brings the powerful...
Bestqool Red Light Therapy Device provides for you a safe yet intense wavelength of natural light to your pet’s skin and cells with no chemicals, UV rays, or risks associated with excessive heat.
With the use of bestqool light therapy for up to 5 minutes two times daily, you can treat your pet whenever and wherever there is pain, injury, or discomfort.
- Portable Design: This amazing and supreme unit comes in a hard, protective zippered storage case making it easy to take Bestqool with you anywhere to protect your pet.
- Non-invasive Treatment: This Red Light Therapy Unit is a clinical-grade home-use device for your pets. It emits red light (660nm) that is absorbed in a greater quantity by the skin tissue, making it exceptionally effective for improving skin health and enhancing the production of collagen. It also releases powerful infrared light (850nm) that has a very strong capability to penetrate deeper into the body tissues, joints, and organs making it the perfect choice for amplifying muscle recovery.
- Natural Relief With No Side Effect: Unlike traditional drugs or expensive surgeries, Bestqool delivers an effective pain relief without causing any harmful side effects whatsoever. The device provides a secure and budget-friendly way to soothe pains and give comfort to your pets.
- Extras: Also, the red light therapy device includes a storage sleeve, wristband, protective Google’s, two (2) rechargeable batteries, and a charger.
- Friendly Customer Service: Bestqool Red therapy light comes with a 12-month warranty at no extra cost.
Meihuan LASTEK Laser Treatment Device for Pets
- NO SIDE-EFFECTES: Low level laser therapy is used to support recovery by easing aches and pains. Natural healing,...
- SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN AND ABSOLUTELY SAFE : LASTEK Laser is the only soft laser whose safety was proven in plenty of clinical...
- Medical Grade Lights: 650nm can only penetrate the shallow skin (2-3 cm) like the blood vessel wall to relieve shallow pain...
- Application: Pets animals pain relief, Knee arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Athletic system injuries, Soft tissue...
This is a home laser therapy for dogs, cats, and other pets to help alleviate pain, wound, discomfort, and inflammation. It is extremely safe to use and provides a surface and deep treatment with its 650nm + 808nm LLLT red light physiotherapy which is effective and delivers the best treatment for your pets.
- Zero Side Effect: LASTEK laser treatment device is a low-level laser therapy that is non-invasive and painless. It is effective in supporting the recovery of pets by soothing aches and pains, encourages natural healing, non-invasive treatment, no infections, and completely painless.
- Scientifically Proven and Safe: LASTEK Laser Treatment Device is the only laser device whose safety was proven in numerous clinical trials with official CFDA certification. Confirmed: ISO9001 ISO13485 CFDA RoHs.
- Medically Graded Lights: The laser works at a wavelength of 650nm and an 898nm wavelength. The 650nm which can only penetrate the shallow skin (2-3cm) like the blood vessel wall helps to alleviate shallow pain points. The 898nm wavelength can penetrate deeper into the pain area, about 5-7cm for the treatment of arthritis, knee, and shoulder pain.
- Application Benefits: The therapy is suitable for pet animals and is effective in pain relief, knee arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, athletic system injuries, soft tissue injuries, joint, and muscle relief, reduction of inflammation, acupuncture, osteoarthritis, wounds, and ulcers, rehabilitation therapy.
- Warranty: It features a 30-day free return and 365-day free replacement guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Does cold laser therapy work on dogs?
Cold laser therapy is a safe procedure that makes use of the frequency of light energy to alleviate pain with absolutely no risk of overheating. The therapy is a low-stress form of treatment for dogs that helps in the reduction of pain, healing of wounds, and accelerating the healing process.
Cold laser therapy has proven to be effective for the treatment of arthritis, wounds, and skin infections in dogs. It has no known adverse effect on your beloved pet dog. So, yes, it works!
How long does laser therapy for dogs last?
The duration period and quantity of treatment your dog needs will ultimately be determined by his condition and pain level.
Treatments usually last for about 3 to 8 minutes and function in a progressive efficiency where your dog’s condition will improve as treatment progresses. However, the dog should start to feel better almost instantly after the first laser therapy treatment.
Does cold laser therapy actually work?
Cold laser therapy uses low-level light energy to treat a variety of conditions from sprains tendonitis, back pain, and arthritis to temporomandibular disorder (chronic jaw pain), carpal tunnel syndrome, diabetic neuropathy, and leg ulcer.
The FDA has cleared a handful of cold laser devices including the ones sold online for home use, which have been approved for the temporary relief of pain, this shows that they are safe for use but not necessarily effective.
While it is still not very clear how cold laser therapy works, it is known to have anti-inflammatory effects that aid the repair of connective and other tissues and also release pain-relieving endorphins.
Is laser therapy good for dogs?
Laser therapy treatments are completely pain-free for dogs. Studies have shown that it delivers a soothing sensation for the dog. The dog might also feel a warm thrilling awareness during treatment and may start to feel at ease during the use of a laser therapy device as the pain and inflammation decrease in the affected area.
While some dogs may need multiple sessions before a positive outcome can be noticed, many dogs show signs of reduced pain and discomfort with increased mobility and activity after about one or two treatments.