Are you wondering what is cold laser therapy? Or are you searching for the best cold laser therapy device? Then, your search might just be over as you have probably stumbled on a suitable guide.
Cold laser therapy is a new technology that had proven to be effective against various kinds of body pain over the years. It has been used in the treatment of conditions including arthritis, knee pain, tendonitis, back pains, and more.
It works by putting a laser device over the surface of an injury for some minutes. Now, here is what happens; the laser releases non-thermal photons around the injured area that penetrates through the skin. This light is then absorbed by the body cell to stimulate healing and cell rejuvenation.
Cold laser therapy costs way above a few bucks, however, it is worth every single penny. For example, the cost of laser treatment for knee pain might sum up to a hundred dollars or more and depending on the severity of the condition, and multiple sessions are needed for a full recovery.
Now that you know what a cold laser device is, which is the best one?
Our foremost best cold laser therapy device is the Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System. The laser therapy device is a highly recommended one with proven therapeutic properties. It features three types of radiation including the super-pulsed, red LED, and infrared LED radiations with a maximum wavelength of up to 905 nm, and can be employed depending on the type of condition or the degree of penetration.
Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System stimulates rapid healing with absolutely no side effects.
This article contains our 7 best laser therapy for back pain reviews and other types of conditions.
Buying Guide of The Cold Laser Therapy Devices
Choosing an ideal cold laser therapy device is quite difficult because some parameters are not specified including the specific number of treatment sessions, and the specific degree of light (depending on the condition being treated).
We know how hard choosing a good cold laser could be and this is why we have made a detailed buying guide to help you choose the one that would be most suitable for you.
Below are some of the things that you should look out for in getting the best cold laser therapy device:
- FDA Certification: We advise that you settle for a laser device that is certified by Food and Drug Administration (FDA). FDA is a body that endorses medical devices as safe for the use of the public. Certification by FDA does not mean that there is no risk, it means that the benefits outweigh the setbacks. However, products and devices that are approved by FDA tend to be more expensive than others because it is a little strenuous and it takes time. It is advisable to opt for laser devices that are certified by FDA, especially for human use. However, if you plan to use the laser device on your pets or animals, it might not be necessary.
- Light Wavelength Specification: Another point to be considered in choosing the best laser device is the wavelength specification. This is because the degree of light penetration of a laser device is highly dependent on the wavelength of the emitted light. Most often than not, you might not be able to ascertain the specific amount of light needed to effect treatment, however, it is no news that a higher wavelength translates to deeper penetration of light which speeds up the healing process. Most therapeutic laser devices operate within a wavelength of 600 to 800 nm and on average, the power output of a laser device intended for therapeutic use should not be less than 100 mW.
- Power of the Laser Device: There are different classes of lasers from class 1 to as high as class 4 lasers. High power lasers (like the class 4 lasers) are usually more effective, however, they could cause eye damage and other side effects. The most ideal laser for household treatment is the class 1 laser. They are usually safe and pose little or no risk while supplying therapeutic effects. However, pointing the laser towards your eyes might still cause a degree of eye damage. If you intend to use higher-class lasers, ensure that you do so with utmost care while trying as much as possible to keep the laser away from your eyes.
- Pulse or Continuous Laser: Some laser devices feature pulse laser radiation while some feature continuous laser radiation. However, some therapeutic laser devices feature both. The difference between the two is that continuous laser radiation uses higher power output within a short time than pulse laser radiation. The former is suited for pain relief while the latter induces a rapid healing process. Although lasers that feature both continuous and pulse design are more expensive, they are mostly the best option.
- Price Tag: Laser devices come with different money tags and the prices may range from one brand to another due to the quality or power of the laser. Lasers with high power tend to be more expensive than others, and as you know, high-powered lasers are usually more effective and give you a faster result. Acute treatment does not necessarily require high powered layer like chronic conditions, hence, depending on the kind of treatment you need the laser for, select a laser device that is within your means.
The Best Cold Laser Therapy Devices
Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System
- This special package combines a TerraQuant TQ Solo portable cold laser with the one-and-only Laser-Therapy.us protocol...
- The TerraQuant TQ Solo combines 3 different wavelengths. With 15,000mW of peak power at 905nm plus 60 mW (875 nm) infrared...
- It can be used with the optional light pipe adapter for acupoint and trigger point therapy or used with the optional stand...
- The system includes concierge service so if you have any problems or need training on your laser, you can call us. This...
Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System is an effective high-power pulsing laser device with a rapid therapeutic effect. It employs a super pulsed technology for deep penetration of body tissues for fast healing.
The cold laser therapy device is safe and easy to use with no side effects and it uses 3 types of radiation including super-pulsed, red LED, and infrared LED radiations for different degrees of penetration that would be effective for the relief of all kinds of pain, improvement of blood circulation, and reduction of inflammation. It is our best cold laser therapy device.
- Effective Therapeutic Treatment: Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System is highly effective for the alleviation of pain and inflammation. It is also equipped with 9 diodes for improved blood circulation.
- Super-pulsed Technology: It features the super-pulsed technology with a maximum wavelength of 905 nm that allows the infrared laser to deeply penetrate the target part for rapid healing at a maximum power output of 15, 000mw.
- Infrared and LED Lights: Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System also features red-light radiation that works at a wavelength of 660 nm and infrared laser radiation with a wavelength of 875 nm that supports safe medial and surface penetration.
- Rechargeable Battery: It features a rechargeable lithium battery that requires an initial 24 hours charge for up to 6 to 8 hours of work time which is sufficient for more than 25 treatments.
- Recommended Treatment Conditions: It is recommended for the treatment of conditions including arthritis, cervical pain, wrist injuries, lumbar spine pain, knee sprain, tennis elbow, shoulder joint injuries, hip tendonitis, and other common conditions.
- Multifunctional Use: The laser system features instructions and protocols on how to treat various issues and it is ideal both for professional use and personal use.
- Certified by FDA: Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System is cleared and certified as safe and ideal by FDA for the treatment of inflammations and body pains.
- Extras: Apart from the laser device, the Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System also comes with a quick start guide, a charging cord with a LED indicator, a protocol manual, 2 pairs of laser safety goggles, and a hard case.
- Simple to use
- Very effective
- Rapid pain relief
- Uses 3 types of radiation
- FDA approved
- The casing is not so strong
Funre Pain Relief Cold Laser Therapy Device
- Safe Painless and Effectively - Security and stability of home laser as well as the exact effect of medical laser. The...
- Low Level Laser Therapy - Perfect combination of medical laser 808nm and home laser 650nm, will have better curative effect...
- Laser Therapy Advantages: Proven results for pain relief, inflammation, soft tissue and skin injury therapy. Natural healing...
- Multifunctional - Portable and Rechargeable. Suitable for both Professional, Personal and Animal use; Pets, Dogs Horses....
Funre Pain Relief Cold Laser Therapy Device is a portable handheld device that uses a low-level red light that makes it suitable for the safe treatment of all kinds of body pains.
It is a cold laser therapy machine that comes with protective goggles for the eyes and is equipped to improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation in a short time, relieve pain, and speeds up tissue repair.
- Class 3B Laser: The therapy device is a class 3B laser which is a low-level red light that is most ideal and safe for the treatment of humans.
- Laser Wavelength: It combines the wavelengths of 808nm (3 laser diode) and 650nm (12 laser diode) for medical and home lasers respectively, which relieves body pains better. It also has a maximum power output of 510 mW.
- Rechargeable Battery: It features a long-lasting 5200 mAh rechargeable battery.
- Painless and Effective Treatment: Treatment of body pains with Funre Pain Relief Cold Laser Therapy Device is a painless process. The process is entirely safe as it is non-traumatic and non-invasive. It does not produce heat as it supplies photons of light to the injured parts of the body.
- Multifunctional Use: The portable Laser Therapy Device comes with a rechargeable battery and is suitable for use on humans and animals either in your personal space or professionally.
- Therapeutic Effect: It has a therapeutic effect against skin injury, inflammation, and all kinds of body pains. The laser irradiation relieves body pains, aids the circulation of blood, reduces inflammation, and aids the rapid repair of body tissues.
- Safe non-thermal treatment
- No side effects
- Easy to use
- Rapid and effective treatment
- Lacks adequate instructions on how to use the machine
Funre Cold Laser Light Therapy Device
- Portable & Convenient Operation: Small and hand-held, specially design for household use. A rechargeable 5200mAh lithium...
- Power: total 510nm, light length 3 X 808nm + 12 X 650nm.
- SPECIFICATION:Perfect combination of 808nm & 650nm,Available output power from 170mW to 510mW,Rechargeable lithium battery...
- THERAPY ADVANTAGES:The portable & lightweight therapy device is suitable for both professional and personal use.Easy to...
Funre Cold Laser Light Therapy Device is another portable handheld laser device that stimulates the rapid healing of the body and the restoration of body cells with no side effects.
It employs the use of low-intensity laser irradiation by the administration of photon lights without heat that promotes natural healing on injured body parts and is suitable for both professional and personal use.
- Portable Design: Funre Cold Laser Light Therapy Device is one of the best cold lasers for home use as it is a handheld device with a lightweight and small size.
- Simple to Use: The laser device is suitable for both personal and professional use as it does not require medical professionalism for use. The laser device also features user-friendly function buttons that make it easy to use.
- Rechargeable Battery: Funre cold laser light therapy device also features a 5200mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last for up to 7 days after being fully charged.
- Rapid Healing: Laser therapy employs the use of non-thermal photons of light (hence the name, ‘Cold Laser Light Therapy Device’) that speeds up the healing process of injured cells when absorbed.
- Power Output: It can work in either the pulse mode or continuous mode as it combines a wavelength of 808nm (3 laser beams) and 650nm (12 laser beams) for safe and effective treatment and it has a high power output of up to 510mW.
- No Side Effects: It is a non-invasive treatment that stimulates natural healing with absolutely no side effects.
- Easy to use
- Good quality
- Effective with no side effect
- Longlasting battery
- No adequate instructions
Atang 2018 New LLLT Cold Laser Therapy Device
Atang 2018 New LLLT Cold Laser Therapy Device is undoubtedly a highly effective therapeutic device that is suitable for the treatment of various degrees of body pains, injuries, and inflammation.
The pain relief low-level cold laser device stimulates the rapid healing of body cells over a stipulated duration of use with no side effects.
- Simple to Use: It features simple functions that make it easy to operate without professional help.
- Portable Design: The cold laser therapy device is a portable and lightweight handheld device that is well suited for home use.
- Power Output: It uses a combination of wavelengths of 808nm (1 laser beam) and 650nm (12 laser beams) which is just perfect for a safe and effective treatment. It features a continuous mode design and it has a power output of up to 210mW.
- Rechargeable Battery: Atang Cold Laser Light Therapy Device also features a 1800mA rechargeable lithium battery.
- Rapid Healing: Atang cold laser light therapy induces the healing of body cells by supplying photons of light which when absorbed speeds up the therapeutic process. It works without producing heat and it has no side effects.
- Suitable Treatment Conditions: It is suitable for the treatment of various body parts and conditions including tennis elbow, soft tissue injuries, arthritis, sports injuries and sprain, wound and ulcer inflammation amongst others.
- Specified Instructions: The therapeutic device comes with some instructions including:
- Take a lot of water during treatment
- Only use for 30 minutes, 2 times a day
- Keep away from the skin at least 1 to 2 inches
- After 7 to 10 days of treatment, pause for a day or two before you continue treatment
- Avoid direct eye contact with the laser beams.
- Extras: Atang 2018 New LLLT Cold Laser Therapy comes with a power adapter and a manual.
- Easy to use
- No side effect
- Effective treatment
- Adequate instructions
- Low battery capacity
Scenstar Cold Laser Therapy Device
No products found.
Scenstar Cold Laser Therapy Device is a tested and trusted therapeutic device that is portable, easy to use, and highly effective.
Its therapeutic properties include; anti-inflammation, improved blood circulation, pain relief, and the speed-up of the overall healing process.
- Light and Portable: Scenstar Cold Laser Therapy Device has a small and lightweight design. It is suitable for both personal and professional use.
- Simple to Use: It is equipped with user-friendly functions that make it easy to operate without professional assistance.
- Power Output: It combines a wavelength of 808nm and 650nm to trigger a safe therapeutic process with a power output up to 510mW.
- Rechargeable Battery: Scenstar Cold Laser Light Therapy Device also features a 5200mAh rechargeable lithium battery for up to 4 hours of continuous operation.
- Therapeutic Applications: Scenstar Cold Laser Therapy Device stimulates the systemic treatment joints, acupoints, and large surfaces. It has proven therapeutic effects against soft tissue injuries, inflammation, knee and rheumatoid arthritis, wound, and ulcer acupuncture, and other kinds of body pains.
In summary, it has the therapeutic advantages of:
- Inducing the rapid reduction of inflammation
- improving the circulation of blood
- Rapid alleviation of pain
- Speeding up tissue repair
- Safe and Effective Treatment: Scenstar Laser therapy is safe as it increases the efficiency of regular and conventional treatments with absolutely no risk of cross-infection and other side effects.
- Longlasting battery
- No risk of cross-infection
- Rapid pain relief
- No adequate instructions
YJT Red Light Device
- Portable & Convenient Operation: Small size and handheld, specially design for household use.
- Long Duration Time: A rechargeable 2600mAh lithium battery inside, when fully charged for 2 hours, its duration time reach 4...
- Turn On: Long press the ON/OFF button (hold for 3 seconds) to turn on the device and click again to start.
- Please note there is a layer of film on the display screen in order to protect the display screen.
YJT red light device is our next best cold therapy machine. Just like the aforementioned laser devices, it is a portable handheld device that is easy to operate, providing you with an easy way to get relief from pain in the muscle, shoulder, knee, back, and other parts of the body.
It is built for home use and fosters rapid treatment without side effects.
- Easy to Operate: YJT red light device is easy to use, it comes with an on/off power button with which the device can be switched on in 3 seconds.
- Small Handheld Device: YJT red light device comes in a small and portable handheld design that is ideal for use at home. It provides an easy way to get yourself treated without complications.
- Safe and Efficient: YJT red light device employs a wavelength of between 650nm and 808nm which is safe and poses no risk of complications.
- Rechargeable Battery: it features a 2600mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last up to 4 days after 2 hours long full charge.
- Lifelong Warranty: YJT brand ensures that customers are well satisfied with lifelong customer service that is easy to access.
- Easy to use
- Quality build
- Great for use for people and animals
- Limited control functions
- Some customers complained that it was a little hot on their skin
- Not so strong
Yofalo Portable Handheld Cold Laser Therapy Device
- 1.Portable & Convenient Operation >> Small size and handheld, specially design for household use.Just use your iphone or...
- 2.Long Duration Time >> A rechargeable 5200mAh lithium battery inside, when fully charged for 2 hours, its duration time...
- 3.Obvious Effect >> Perfect combination of medical 3pcs 808nm and home 12pcs 650nm laser diodes, effectively treat acute/...
- 4.LCD Screen >> People clearly see the digital display on treatment time, Power, Battery Capacity and Working mode.
Our last but certainly not the least option is the Yofalo Portable handheld Cold laser therapy device. It stands out as an efficient laser device with commendable therapeutic effects against chronic and acute pain.
It employs a low-level laser technology that is safe with no side effects.
- Simple to Use: The laser device is designed for home use as it is equipped with user-friendly functions that make it easy to operate.
- Portable Design: Yofalo Portable handheld Cold laser therapy device is a portable handheld device that fosters a convenient therapeutic process.
- Wavelength Specification: It employs a combined wavelength of 808nm (3 laser diodes) and 650nm (12 laser diodes) that fosters the safe treatment of chronic and acute body pains.
- Rechargeable Battery: Yofalo Portable handheld Cold laser therapy device also features a 5200mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last for up to 7 days after being fully charged for 2 hours.
- LCD Screen: Yofalo Portable handheld Cold laser therapy device is equipped with an LCD screen that displays different functions including power, working mode, treatment time, and battery capacity.
- Physical Treatment with no Side Effect: Yofalo Portable handheld Cold laser therapy device employs a low-level laser technology with a non-invasive physical treatment that has no side effects.
- Longlasting battery
- Easy to use
- Features an LCD screen
- Safe to use
- No adequate instructions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best cold laser therapy?
Our best cold laser therapy option is the Terraquant TQ Solo Ultimate Cold Therapy Laser System and one of the major reasons why it is our best is because it makes use of 3 types of radiation with varying wavelengths for different degrees of penetration depending on the condition that is to be treated. Hence, it is most suited for rapid treatment of varying conditions.
Is cold laser therapy a hoax?
In the past, doctors do not recommend cold laser therapy because their mode of operation wasn’t too precise. However recent researches have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that cold laser therapy does work wonders; reducing pain and speeding up the healing process.
Does cold laser therapy work?
Cold laser therapy is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of varying conditions and body pains. It is certified as a safe and highly recommended therapy for reducing pain and rejuvenating body cells without side effects.
How much does cold laser therapy cost?
Cold laser therapy is quite costly. Typically, the cost of a cold laser therapy session may vary between $50 to $200 or more and in most cases, multiple therapeutic sessions are required for a full recovery.