Cold therapy machines are also known as ice therapy machines. They use cold compression therapy (that makes use of freezing effect combined with compression) to relieve pain and soreness in an affected area. They come in motorized and non-motorized devices.
A cold therapy machine for knee treats pain, swelling, or inflammation in the knee. Most people who have had surgery on the knee experience pain and discomfort and it can be relieved via the use of a cold therapy machine.
Cold therapy machines are also recommended by medical doctors and physical trainers to help alleviate the pain caused by injuries or surgery.
The best cold therapy machines for the knee are not only designed for easy use but are also very effective and safe to use without posing a risk of after effect.
Because there are lots of cold therapy machines out there, we have taken the time to narrow down your search by giving you a list of the top 5 cold therapy machines to use for the knee.
LandWind Electric Knee Massager is our foremost best cold therapy machine for knee. It is equipped with soft massage airbags that emit infrared heat.
It has the advantage of reducing inflammation and aiding blood circulation. It is additionally safe and very much easy to use.
Check out the review of our best pick options. We are certain that you would find some help.
Buying Guide of The Best Cold Therapy Machine for Knee
In selecting the best cold therapy for the knee there are some important factors to consider.
This section contains some of the most relevant answers to the questions on your mind regarding the features to consider while choosing the best cold therapy for the knee.
Some of these features include:
- Temperature Maintenance Capacity: One of the major factors to consider is the temperature maintenance capacity of the device. The longer the capacity of the machine to maintain a certain level of temperature, the more elongated the treatment will be and this is important if you are struggling with chronic pain.
- Automatic shut-off: When looking for a safe cold therapy machine, you should also look out for the auto shut-off feature. The auto shut-off feature prevents the machine from working overtime so that if you sleep off or get carried away while the machine is running, it will turn off on its own.
- Reusable pads: Getting a cold therapy machine with reusable fabric pads is cost-effective. Machines with reusable fabric pads are usually less expensive since you don’t need to put so much money on numerous fabric coverings. The coverings can also be washed to prevent bacterial infections.
- Timer setting: Most often, the condition you are treating determines the duration of time you would need to use the ice therapy machine. While some machines have to be timed within 15 or 30-minute, others allow users hours of continued use. Hence, you have to consider getting a machine with a favorable timer setting.
- Size: When choosing your cold therapy machine make sure that the device is compact and portable so that it would be easy to move around without any problems. A large machine will be difficult to move around and will ultimately become stressful to use. Now, apart from the size of the machine the size of the cold pad should also be considered. If you want more surface coverage, you should opt for a device with bigger cold pads.
- Easy to Keep: Always choose a product that is easy to set up and dismantle after use. This is especially important if you are trying to save up some space. Machines that are easy to dismantle and arrange are a great pick.
- Your Budget: Finally, to select an ideal device, you will need to consider its price tag. An affordable machine is not necessarily non-effective; however, it might not be as durable as the pricier options.
All the same, we advise that you choose a good quality cold therapy machine while making sure that is affordable for you.
The Best Cold Therapy Machine for Knee of 2021
LandWind Electric Knee
- ✔️【HEAT & VIBRATION MASSAGER】3 level of heating and vibration massaging offers customized muscle relax for your knee...
- ✔️【SAFE & DRUG FREE PAIN RELIEF】LANDWIND Knee Massager is a FDA Cleared medical device, which is non-invasive and...
- ✔️【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】Adjustable Velcro strap fits your knee better, strong stickiness, retractable adjustment is not...
- ✔️【CONVENINET & COMFORTABLE】Comes with a rechargeable 2200mah battery inside and auto 15-minute shut-off timer,no...
LandWind Electric Knee Massager is our best cold therapy machine for knee. It is a completely safe and non-invasive pain relief device.
It has soft massage airbags designed to deliver infrared heat. It makes use of magnetic therapy which encourages the healing and relaxation of joints, muscles, and damaged tissues.
The machine is also designed to improve blood circulation and also reduce inflammation.
- Simple to Use: It is equipped with a rechargeable 2200mAh battery and an auto 15 minutes shut-off timer so you don’t have to worry about unclear therapy time. It also comes with adjustable Velcro straps for better knee fitting. Most importantly, the device is small and lightweight which makes it conveniently perfect for knee care at home or while on the go.
- Highly Effective: LandWind cold therapy machine is designed to supply infrared heat and red light to the injured knee, the infrared heat and red light penetrates deep into the tissue and speed up blood flow and circulation around the knee, promoting the healing of the muscles and damaged tissues.
- No Side-Effects: The cold therapy device is a drug-free and non-invasive treatment with absolutely no risk of after-effects. It also comes with an overheat protection feature that makes it safe to use at home.
- Vibration and Heat Massager: LandWind provides 3 levels of Vibration and heating massage that provides personalized muscle relaxation for your knee joint. The heat press and soft gasbag can make you feel so much better. It is also suitable for knee, joint, and arthritis pain relief.
Cryo Therapy and Hot Water Therapy
- HOW IS THIS HOT AND COLD THERAPY UNIT USED: Hot and cold water is quietly circulated through the leak-free hose to the pad,...
- UNIVERSAL WRAP TO RELIEVE WHAT AILS YOU: You may have any number of areas sorely in need of some relief and the universal...
- HOT WATER THERAPY HAS MANY BENEFITS: Warm water can have a wonderful soothing effect on your mind and body, and for centuries...
- ADD ICE FOR CIRCULATING WATER THERAPY: Ice cold water is invigorating to your body and can help get your body game-ready in...
Cyro therapy and hot water therapy system is an aqua relief system hot and cold-water therapy machine is hospital-grade equipment that ensures that users get the best treatment for all kinds of pain.
The aqua relief system cold and hot water therapy unit provides the body with the appropriate help needed for fast relief.
Aqua relief systems ice water therapy settings can cool and subdue pain on inflamed areas for up to 8 hours, permitting the free movement of the joint which is far better than using insecure ice packs that can frustratingly move from its original position and fall off at any slight movement.
- Easy to Use: It features a 15-minute increase in time and an auto shut-off feature that allows users to control treatment. Cyro therapy and hot water therapy system is also portable and easy to use.
- Hot Water Therapy: The use of warm or hot water can have a wonderful soothing effect on the mind and body. This method of therapy is well recognized for its healing benefits. Warm, damp heat like the one Aqua relief systems hot water therapy gives cannot only help lessen your pain but can also improve blood circulation and help to speed up the healing process in injured areas. It also helps to reduce stiffness in your tendons and ligaments, while relaxing the muscle and reducing spasms.
- Ice Water or Cryo Therapy: Ice water is refreshing to the body and can help get the body ready in no time for the day, the Aqua relief cold therapy system does not only aid natural healing but also prevents muscle and joint discomfort after injuries or a stress-filled workday. The device supports equal distribution of cooling temperature around the affected area which is capable of rapidly reducing swellings and pains.
- Universal Wrap: Just in case you need to treat more than one part of your body, Cyro therapy, and hot water therapy system features a universal wrap feature that helps you take care of the areas of the body that needs comfort. The universal wrap has 11×11 and 3×39 Velcro straps that can be used for different parts of the body including the hip, ankle, wrist, shoulder, leg, or elbow.
- Rapid Relief: Inflammation and pain that accompanies an injury can make one uncomfortable thereby disrupting normal daily activities. Cyro therapy and hot water therapy system give extra compression to affected parts of the body, rapidly decreasing pain and inflammation. It is also capable of providing pain relief for more chronic conditions like diabetic neuropathy, arthritis joint pain, and more.
- All-round Circulation of Cold and Hot Therapy: This therapy unit ensures that hot and cold water is quietly circulated through the leak-free 52-hose to the pad, giving your body a complete and wholesome hot or cold coverage needed for the relief of pain or discomfort. The heating system builds up in less than 10 minutes and all you have to do is add ice and the cryo-cool system would circulate cold water for up to 5 hours, giving you the relief you crave for as long as you need it.
M Pain Cold Therapy System Kit by Polar Vortex
- TARGETED COLD THERAPY RELIEF: Provides cool, soothing relief for post-surgery swelling and inflammation, joint pain and...
- EASY, COMPACT AND PORTABLE: Designed for ease of use, the cooling therapy system is whisper quiet, compact and easily...
- UNIVERSAL WRAP FOR TARGETED RELIEF: The one-size-fits-all universal wrap fits securely around any extremity with the included...
- EXTRA LONG INSULATED TUBING: Foam-insulated tubing allows for ease of use and ensures that water temperature remains...
Cold Water Therapy System Kit by Polar Vortex is a circulation machine with 3 strap knees wrap and 6 cold cubes-cryo therapy.
If you are suffering from post-surgical injury or pain, then this polar vortex cold therapy kit is definitely for you. The cold therapy device for knee uses cold-water therapy to help patients manage pains and swellings.
The polar vortex kit comes with an ice therapy machine, versatile joint wrap, universal therapy pad, cold cubes, and additional adjustable straps.
Also, note; when the device is switched on it can be very loud, but will subsequently tone down after all the air has been pumped out of the lines.
- Simple to Use: The unit features an easy on and off switch that allows you to easily get relief when you need it without mixing up instructions. A similar device may consist of unhandy controls that can be a little confusing but the polar vortex keeps things simple.
- Portable: The cold-water therapy system comes in a portable design and this means that you can take your cold water therapy machine anywhere you want to or better still keep it safely away. The device can be used at home or on the go for quick relief from pain and swelling.
- See-through Basin: It features a transparent reservoir that makes it easy to view the ice-level. This helps you to know when the ice machine needs to be refilled to keep the continuous cold therapy going for fast relief.
- Ice Cubes: It comes with a pack of 6 ice cubes to keep the cold flowing for effective relief. 3 cubes go into the basin at a time while the other 3 cubes stay outside in the freezer, making it easy and convenient to always have ice ready for your cryotherapy.
- A 3 Strap Wrap Advantage: It additionally has an adaptable joint wrap that is designed to be used with the universal pads for cryotherapy machines for multiple body areas which include the knee, shoulder, elbow, and more.
Polar Vortex Cold Therapy Machine
No products found.
M Pain Management Technologies-Cold Therapy Machine Gen 2 By Polar Vortexis one of the best cold therapy machines for knee that you can get for yourself. It can also be used for post-surgical injury or pain, so if you are suffering from pains after surgery then you might want to look into this amazing option.
The polar Vortex package features an Ice therapy machine, foam insulated connector tubing, a therapy pad, and adjustable secure straps.
One of the most important and eye-catching features of this cold therapy device is its simplicity of use, all you have to do to hit the on-switch and experience the perfect cryo therapy needed for the relief of pain and swelling.
- Convenient and Portable Design: The cooling therapy system comes in a compact and portable design with a unified carry handle designed for easy use. The base allows for easy filling with marked guides for both minimum and maximum water levels.
- Universal Wrap for Relief: This universal wrap is a one size fits all wrap and it fits tightly around any proportion and limits all thanks to the added stretchy strap for use in areas such as the hips, elbow, knee, and more.
- Rapid Relief: The system provides a soothing relief for swelling and inflammation that come after surgery, workout recovery, and joint pain. All you need to do is simply add ice and water to get the fast and effective relief you crave for.
- Lengthy Insulated Tubing: Foam insulated tubing allows for easy use and guarantees uniform water temperature throughout the treatment period, delivering up to 6 hours of cold therapy. It also comprises snap and clicks couplings to ensure leakproof use even after it has been disconnected from the unit.
- Extras: The 11-quart ice therapy device comes with a durable base unit, insulated tubing, universal cold therapy pad, and carrying handle.
- Warranty: The Polar Vortex comes with a return warranty just in case of any complaint.
Polar Ice 3.0 Cold Therapy Ice Machine
- CUSTOM PROGRAMMABLE TIMER: Our patent-pending programmable timer allows you to customize a personalized cooling on and off...
- COLD THERAPY ALL NIGHT LONG: Our double insulated 9 quart cooling reservoir is large enough to provide continuous cold...
- ERGONIMICALLY DESIGNED KNEE 12.5” x 10.5” THERAPY PAD with attached elastic & Velcro belts. The belts are 2” wide and...
- USA LOCAL: Proudly designed, engineered, tested, and assembled in Stow, Ohio, USA; Our customer service is located at our...
Polar Active Ice 3.0 Cold Therapy Ice Machinecomes with a programmable timer, knee and joint compression pad, lightweight 9-quart cooler, quiet pump all for a rapid cryotherapy pain relief treatment. It is especially effective for post-surgery, drug-free pain relief.
The cold therapy machine slows down blood flow to an injury, which causes swellings to reduce while reducing inflammation and surgical pain relief.
The highly operative and powerful brushless pump works quietly while providing a highly effective cooling therapy. It also features an exceptional programmable digital timer and leak-proof quick disconnect couplings.
This system comes with the largest cooling reservoir available, which includes the standard nine (9) quart and optional sixteen (16) quart. The larger the reservoir will be able to hold more ice and give you the lasting effect and soothing relief you crave for.
- Simple to Use: All you have to do is simply add ice and water to the cooling reservoir and you are ready for some cooling comfort. It features two buttons to easily customize the cooling intervals to either on or off. It is additionally easy to carry because of its lightweight.
- Quality Machine: The machine is proudly designed, engineered, tested, and assembled in stow, Ohio, USA. The brand offers quality lines of hot and cold therapy and body cooling products in the world.
- Quiet and Outstanding Overall Performance: The polar active ice-cold therapy machine makes use of a quiet brushless pump that is powered by a 12 volt 1.5 amp adapter and is ideal for providing post-surgical, drug-free pain management and relief while you sleep through the night. The cold therapy pads are functionally designed to be comfortable and fit the desired body part tightly for full coverage of ice-cold therapy treatment. It is also appropriate for surgery recovery or post-workout rehabilitation.
- Programmable timer: The device also features a digital timer that allows you to modify and control the settings of the machine. You never have to worry about your device working overtime even while you are fast asleep as the timer will cycle on and off per your set time for as long as you need. This guarantees a safe, effective, and convenient cold therapy treatment.
- All Night Cold Therapy: The polar active ice machine provides a cooling treatment that will last through the night with its double insulated nine (9) quart cooling reservoir that is large enough to supply continuous cold therapy for many hours It will fit six (6) frozen water bottles perfectly such that one load of ice and water will last for an extended time, unlike other cryotherapy systems. A larger cooling reservoir means more ice and more ice means a longer cold therapy treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best cold therapy machine?
The best cold therapy machines for the knee are not only designed for easy use but are also very effective and safe to use without causing any sort of side effect.
Our best option in this category is the LandWind Electric Knee Massager. It is safe and easy to use. It is equipped with all that is needed to supply optimal therapeutic effects including soft massage airbags, and magnetic therapy. It has the therapeutic benefits of improving the circulation of the blood, therefore speeding up the healing of damaged body parts, and reducing inflammation.
As listed above, the best cold therapy machines are very portable, easy to use, and easily detachable. The best cold therapy machine should provide cold therapy to soothe your aches and pain and also reduce swelling.
Are cold therapy machines worth it?
For a long time, ice packs have been used to reduce swelling and soothe aches and pains. However, technology has made things a lot easier.
So, instead of the old traditional ice packs, we now have cold therapy machines which are easier, more convenient, and comfortable so you don’t have to worry about ice packs shifting or displacing frustratingly as you move.
Cold therapy machines provide a combination of active compression and have proven to be more effective than ice pack therapy as the therapeutic cold penetrates deeper and lasts for an extended time making them worthy of use.
What is the best ice pack for knees?
- Elasto-Gel ice wrap: It contains a flexible gel that does not leak.
- Adadid ice pack: This ice pack has a removable gel pack (neoprene & nylon)
- Shock doctor ice pack and compression: It contains multiple gel packs and has adjustable straps
- Uberthern ice pack: It consists of 1 large removable gel, and it is adjustable.
- Therapy ice: It has a large surface area for heat and cooling.
How long do you use ice machine after knee surgery?
After surgery, it is very much advisable to use the ice machine as often as possible when you get to your home at intervals of 20-minute on and off.
Since inflammatory activity is most operative in the first 24 hours after surgery, lasting for up to 2 weeks, we recommend that you continue the above-mentioned routine for approximately two weeks after your surgery.