Red light devices have proven to be an easy and natural way to boost the healing of body cells using low-level light. It is also known as phototherapy.
Red light devices work by producing light of a specific wavelength that is targeted at specific body conditions including pains and inflammation.
Features to Check for in a Red Light Therapy Device
The fact that there are a hundred and one red light therapy devices makes it quite difficult to make a choice. Below are some of the most important features that you need to look out for to choose the best red light therapy device:
- The wavelength of the red light therapy device: To choose a red light therapy, there is a need to consider the working frequency of the red light device. The most popular therapeutic wavelength of light featured in red light therapy is the red and near Infrared light. The red light is a visible light that functions at a wavelength of 400 nm to 760 nm. It works on the superficial layer of the skin, improving the healing of wounds and collagen production.
Infrared light uses invisible therapeutic light that works at a wavelength of 760 nm to 1000 nm. It is used for deep tissue treatment, aiding the healing of wounds and pains in the joint and muscle.
Other types of red light LED colors include blue light, purple light, green light, yellow light, cyanide, and white light.
- Treatment coverage area: Different red light devices are designed to be used on particular parts of the body. Some red-light devices feature a large treatment coverage area while others have a low coverage area. The red light devices with low coverage areas are used for spot treatment, they can only address issues in specific parts of the body per time.
However, red-light devices with large coverage areas produce more light that covers more parts of the body at once. They are usually faster in effect.
The type of red light device you decide to settle for in the end is determined by what you are planning to use it for. If you are suffering from acne and pimples or you need younger-looking skin, spot red light therapy devices should do the job.
- The wattage of the red light therapy device: The wattage of a red light device determines the therapeutic effect that the light device delivers per time. A light therapy device that produces up to 60 watts should give notable effect when used on the affected area for 1 to 2 minutes. However, lower watt devices would require a longer treatment time for them to be effective.
- Quality of the red light therapy device: To choose an ideal red light device, it is necessary to look out for the quality of the red light device. Red light devices that are certified by food and drug administration (FDA) and other regulatory bodies are a great pick. Most often than not, devices that are approved by FDA can be counted on as safe to use and effective.
Benefits of Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy has numerous therapeutic benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- Improves the flow of blood
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases the production of skin collagen
- Aids the relaxation of the body
- It has anti-aging properties
- Increases cell metabolism and regeneration
- Boost the energy and concentration level.