Laser therapy has proven to be efficient in the treatment of various conditions including body pains and inflammation. It is a treatment method that is recommended by medical doctors as an easy and safe way to get relief from different body conditions.
In this article, we would be majoring in the use of laser therapy for the treatment of inflammation.
What is Laser Therapy?
Before we go ahead to talk about how laser therapy treats inflammation, there is a need to know what laser therapy is.
Laser therapy is a process that involves the penetration of light through the skin into the body tissues. This process triggers a series of biological reactions within the body cells which has various therapeutic benefits.
The process is also known as phototherapy or low laser therapy. It is a painless and non-invasive process that does not involve heat production, hence it is also known as cold laser therapy.
Laser therapy devices/cold laser therapy devices are equipped to emit light of specific wavelengths that are targeted at specific body conditions.
Laser therapy can be used in the treatment of various conditions including inflammation and pains in the muscle and joint.
Laser Therapy For the Treatment of Inflammation
Inflammation is a condition that is caused by an obstruction of normal blood flow and the clogging of blood vessels which leads to the growth of unhealthy tissues. The condition is characterized by painful swelling and redness.
Laser therapy relieves the body of inflammation by improving blood circulation in the affected area. It is a treatment method that is recommended by medical professionals for the relief of inflammation
Laser therapy is an ideal replacement for surgery and drugs with no risk of after-effects and it helps to relieve the body of arthritis, tendonitis, ankle sprains, pains in the knee, shoulder, neck, ankles, etc.
General Advantages of Laser Therapy
Below are some of the benefits of using laser therapy
- Works for both acute and chronic conditions: Laser therapy is implicated in the relief of acute body conditions, however, the treatment is more effective when it is administered as soon as possible. It also helps in the treatment of chronic conditions by relieving the body of the inflammation and pains associated with them.
- Customized treatment options: Laser therapy also allows you to customize your treatment based on your specific needs.
- Fast treatment: Laser therapy is a process that does not require too much of your time. For most laser therapy devices, a treatment session only lasts for about 5 to 15 minutes a few times a week. Although the result may vary with different people and the conditions being treated, there should be evident improvement after 3 to 4 therapy sessions.
- No side effect: Laser therapy is a process that guarantees long-lasting relief against pain and inflammation with little or no risk of after-effects.
- Painless and non-invasive therapy: Laser therapy is a painless and non-invasive procedure, it rather gives a soothing feeling as the therapy light penetrates deep into the body tissues to aid the healing of body cells.